Our school’s uniform:
Red sweatshirt, jumper or cardigan (with no logos, unless it is the current school logo)
Black or grey trousers, skirt, dress, shorts or skorts
No jeans, leggings, joggers or jeggings
No cycling shorts (unless they are being worn under another garment)
White shirt/blouse or polo shirt
Black shoes, trainers or boots, which are black all over with sensible heels and no obvious branding
White, black and grey socks or tights
Red and white check summer dresses/skirts etc.
White t shirt, black shorts and black plimsolls or trainers – indoor PE Kit
Joggers and hoodies – outdoor PE Kit
Jewellery is not allowed e.g. rings, bracelets and necklaces should not be worn, unless there is an
exemption for religious or cultural reasons. If this is the case, this should be discussed with the
One pair of small studs may be worn as earrings. During PE lessons, earrings must be removed or taped
over. Parents should provide tape for their child, if they are unable to remove their earrings
No big hair accessories should be worn.
School bags should be of a size that can easily be hung on a peg, due to the size of our cloakrooms
All uniform should be labelled so that it can be returned to its owner, if lost.
More details of our Uniform Policy can be found at: https://www.newcangleschool.com/keyinformation/school-policies
Where to purchase uniform:
- Parents and carers can buy any items of uniform from high-street retailers such as Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Lidl, Aldi and Peacocks which are in Haverhill, or other stores such as ASDA and Marks and Spencer in other towns.
- Uniform can also be bought in online shops.
- Uniform that is branded with the school logo can be purchased from My Clothing Ltd – this is optional for parents
- Second-hand uniform can be bought from the school for a small donation by visiting our School Uniform Shop at the front office. Second-hand uniform for this shop is checked that it is of a good quality and is always washed.
- For more information about our school uniform, please see our Uniform Policy on the following page: Policies