PE and Sports Premium
What is the Sports Premium?
The government provides specific money to schools to improve the quality of sport and PE for all children. For more information about the PE and Sports Premium funding, please go to https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pe-and-sport-premium-for-primary-schools
Our intent for all pupils at New Cangle is to teach a high-quality physical education curriculum that inspires all pupils to succeed and excel in competitive sport and other physically-demanding activities. It should provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way which supports their health and fitness. Opportunities to compete in sport and other activities build character and help to embed values such as fairness and respect.
It is expected that our school will see an improvement against the following 5 key indicators:
1. The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
2. The profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
3. Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
4. Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
5. Increased participation in competitive sport
Please see details below of how we intend to spend that money and how it was spent last year.
New Cangle PE and Sports Premium Plan 22-23
PE & Sport Premium Funding 2021-2022 - review July 22