School Offer & Policy
New Cangle Community Primary.
Learning for a changing world.
Special Educational Needs and Disability
- Introduction For Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND)At New Cangle Community Primary School we are passionate about raising aspirations and celebrating all forms of success. We believe in every child aiming high and achieving their full potential in all areas of their life. All children are provided with a progressive and enhancing learning experience within safe, nurturing community.New Cangle Community Primary School is dedicated to ensuring that all pupils:
- Have a wide and balanced curriculum which is differentiated to meet individual needs;
- Can learn and make progress according to their individual potential;
- Are assessed using appropriate assessment tools and guidelines;
- Have equal access to resources, provision and interventions as needed;
- Have the opportunity to be successful and feel empowered by this.
For some of our learners, there are occasions when additional support is required to ensure success. Special educational provision is learning that is additional to or different from that made generally for others of the same age. This means provision that goes beyond the differentiated approaches and learning arrangements normally provided as part of high quality, personalised classroom teaching. It may take the form of additional support from within school or require involvement of specialist staff or resources.
At our school all teachers are teachers of SEND pupils and as such provide quality first teaching which takes account of the particular individual needs of pupils with special educational needs in the classroom.
We have a Special Educational Needs and Disability Co-ordinator (SENDCo) who is responsible for the management of provision and or support for identified pupils with SEND. This person also supports teachers and other staff to enable them to access an enriching curriculum, provide appropriate assessment and focussed, effective provision for pupils in their lessons with SEND.
All SEND pupils must be supported to become successful, resilient learners who make strong and continued progress.
Please click the link below if you would like to see our School Offer & Policy.